The eight super-regional hosts were announced Tuesday by the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee, and they are just about how everyone drew them up. The teams will now face off in a best of three match up that will see the winner head to Omaha for the College Baseball World Series.
Houston and Texas both made it out of their bracket as no. 2 seeds and Texas was awarded the host site, with all other match ups going to the hire of the seeds. A match up to keep your eyes on would be Kennesaw State at Louisville. The Georgia school made it through a very tough Tallahassee region with Florida State and Alabama and will pose a real threat to an upset to the Cardinals.
The national seed is indicated before the team name.
UC Irvine (38-23) at Oklahoma State (48-16)
• 9:30 p.m. (ESPNU), 10 p.m. (ESPNU), 9 p.m. (ESPNU)
Houston (48-16) at Texas (41-19)
• 4 p.m. (ESPN2), 2 p.m. (ESPN), 2 p.m. (ESPN)
Kennesaw State (40-22) at Louisville (48-15)
• 6:30 p.m. (ESPNU), 7 p.m. (ESPNU), 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
Stanford (34-24) at Vanderbilt (44-18)
• 1 p.m. (ESPN2), 3 p.m. (ESPN2), 3 p.m. (ESPN2)
College of Charleston (44-17) at Texas Tech (43-19)
• 1 p.m. (ESPNU), 3 p.m. (ESPNU), *1 p.m. (ESPN2)
Pepperdine (42-16) at No. 7 TCU (45-15)
• 4 p.m. (ESPNU), 6 p.m. (ESPNU), *7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Ole Miss (44-18) at No. 6 La.-Lafayette (57-8)
• 8 p.m. (ESPN2), 9 p.m. (ESPN2), *7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Maryland (39-21) at No. 3 Virginia (47-13)
• Noon (ESPN2), Noon (ESPN2), *4 p.m. (ESPN2)
* — Game time and ESPN network subject to change.